Digital/Analogue real-time simulator
HVDC Simulation Center consists of both real-time digital simulation system and analogue test system; they serve as an effective means to simulate and verify the operation control and protection strategies of VSC-HVDC system and DC grid; in addition, they can also be used to test and verify Valve Base Controller (VBC) and converter station control & protection system.
● Precise simulation of steady and transient characteristics of modular multi-level converter (MMC) valve, VSC-HVDC system and DC Grid
● Real - time simulation and test of MMC-based HVDC system, control & protection system, and also capable of DC grid simulation.
● DC system simulation capacity: 6-terminal, 500-level VSC-HVDC systemetic nodes
● VBC test capacity: 450 - level VSC-HVDC system
The platform can test and verify the function and reliability of valve control system including VBE and TTM (Thyristor Triggering and Monitoring unit). Test items include:
● TTM full-function test
● VBE full-function test
● VBE EMC test
● VBE and TTM long-term operation test